Our Leading by Example Sports Program offers athletes the opportunity to become community champions in areas such as positive masculinity and consent culture.
In 2016, Male Allies developed the curriculum for OHL Onside, a program which is delivered to all teams across the league. We provide training locally for the Kitchener Rangers as well as for the three American OHL teams and for athletes at Wilfrid Laurier University. Through our Leading by Example sports program, we are pleased to be able to offer similar training to minor level teams, school athletic teams, and community sports leagues.
In a Leading by Example session participants will:
- Learn important leadership skills in how to stand up against sexual and gender-based violence
- Look at how our actions, words and behaviours can impact others
- Discuss and learn to combat stereotypes which effect men and boys, particularly athletes
- Talk honestly about what it means to be a “strong man”
- Have an opportunity to ask questions in an open and supportive environment
Please email PubEd@sascwr.org to organize a Leading by Example session for your team.